Sunday, 15 January 2017

MAC - Matte lipstick in Whirl

Is there a cult favourite MAC lipstick left that hasn't been popularised by Kylie Jenner? The queen of the pout loves a cocoa colour on her lips, and Whirl is one of them.

If, like me, you spent your pre-10 birthdays in the 90s, then you would know that the chosen colour you would opt for when dressing up in your mum's high heels and cocktail dress, would be a pretty brown. 


Brown shades are nothing new - they have been around for decades now (think Victoria Beckham in her signature black dress, pointing towards you with her famous pout circa. 1998) and despite the fact I spent my teens thinking they were over and out, I am now so glad they're back in fashion.

Whirl is a beautiful neutral brown. It's much richer in colour than the likes of Velvet Teddy or Twig, so this requires a strong look if you're looking to carry it off. The texture is matte, but a rather comfortable formula so it doesn't feel like you've applied cement mix to your face. Creating a full pout, if your skin is darker is shade, this is ideal for you.

I do like this, but It's not my favourite brown - I prefer more subtle, caramel tones. I find this brown a bit too jarring against my pale skin. However, if you want that 90s look, or your skin is olive and beyond, this colour will look stunning on you.

Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: matte

Overall Rating: 3/5 - beautiful texture and colour, but just not for me

You'll like this if: you want to resemble 90's supermodels and movie stars. Who knew the 90s would become trendy again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...