Monday, 9 January 2017

MAC - Cremesheen lipstick in Pure Zen

I don't often hear about Pure Zen, but you'd think it would be out there a bit more. It seems like the sort of colour (and name) that beauty bloggers go gaga over; like Velvet Teddy and Ruby Woo. But, never mind. It looks like Pure Zen will remain small fry for a little bit longer.

The reason I'm mostly surprised that this hasn't hit its limelight yet is because the nude, peachy hue that is released from this moisturising and creamy bullet is pout power. I really don't think it holds any special properties, so it must be the hydrating sheen itself that adds a 3D, voluptuous look to your lips, but trust me, it really does seem to make your lips look fuller. And the colour definitely resembles something Kylie Jenner would adorn. 


I like to think that there's a touch of innocence about Pure Zen - this is the sort of lipstick one would wear to play the part of a good girl. If you're on a date and you're trying to hide your naughty ways, this little beauty will be your perfect disguise.

Colour Intensity: low

Finish: Cremesheen - full of moisture

Overall Rating: 3/5 - although I loved that this gave the illusion of a fuller pout, it also highlighted my chapped lips. I know chapped lips are 100% my fault, but still, I don't want them highlighted.

You'll like this if: you want to portray the image of innocence... I won't tell if you won't!

Avoid: if you have chapped lips. Sorry, Winter - this lipstick wasn't made for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...