Saturday, 1 October 2016

MAC - Matte lipstick in Strip Me Down

It's not often I purchase a MAC lipstick that I feel 'flat' about. It's not that I dislike Strip Me Down - it's just that it doesn't stir me in the same way that some of the others do.

I'm not too sure why because it ticks all the boxes.
It's a beautiful autumn leaf, nude shade. Tick!
It's a comforting matte finish. Tick!
It's MAC. Tick Tick Tick!!!

And yet...I don't know. I can't quite explain it but as enticing as Strip Me Down sounds, it just fails to get me in the mood.


But that's just me.

You could be completely different, so as I've started this blog post on such a sour note, let's turn things around, shall we?

Strip Me Down is a beautiful autumnal nude. With the changing leaves all around us, the cold front approaching and what I can only describe as Heinz Tomato Soup weather, changing your normal nude to Strip Me Down will turn the heat up a notch.


MAC's Strip Me Down is created in its matte formula, so unlike its signature Retro Matte, regular mattes are so much easier to wear everyday. They are still creamy but with very little shine.


This nude sways more on the brown side, so it will be popular if you have a neutral to warm skin tone, so unless I've completely put you off just by reading the first sentence, do give this lipstick a go.


Colour Intensity: low

Finish: matte, but creamy and comfortable

Overall Rating: 2/5 - it's nice, but not my cup of tea

You'll like this if: you want a nude to match the changing season

Perfect for: Autumn days out, every day, first dates, office wear



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...