Saturday, 1 October 2016

By Terry - Rouge Expert Click Stick in 16

My weekly trip to the local Space NK brought me so much joy (more than normal!) when I saw the By Terry Click Stick range.

Not just because By Terry is an amazing cosmetics range that not only makes you look good, but does amazing things to the health of your complexion, but because I have been looking for a new lipstick innovation for so long.




The new Click Stick does exactly what it says on the tin. You click the bottom of it like a YSL Touche Eclat to get more out of the tube. And when you do this, the crayon-like lipstick is a beautiful tear drop shape, which is ideal for application.

I was so excited by this. To me, this means the ideal cupid bow with a lipstick that has a point where you can literally trace the outline of your lips. Bye bye lip liner!




After much deliberation on the colour, I chose 16 - a lovely crimson that enriches your look. I swatched the colour on my pale arm (holiday is next week) and the brightness of the shade was offset beautifully.

I could not wait to try it as soon as I got home, so I sat in front of my vanity mirror, clicked the stick and carefully painted my lips with my new scarlet shade.

My first thought was that the texture was light, delicate and very creamy. The colour intensity was so obvious with the lightest application and within seconds my pout was a pillarbox red.

My second thought was that despite the fact I had about half an inch of the lipstick showing, my one application had turned it into a blunt stump. The tear drop shape's edge diminished in an instant and when I next reapplied, I had to click it about 10 times to get the right amount of lipstick out again.

Despite the creaminess of the texture, the colour does have longevity, but considering it's roughly £25 a stick, this lipstick runs out very quickly.

This is a treat lipstick. It makes the perfect gift, but it's not something I would urge you to buy if you're on a tight budget. Unfortunately, there are others out there that do exactly the same job much cheaper.



Colour Intensity: high

Finish: creamy, some gloss

Overall Rating: 3/5 - the colour and texture is great, but this is used up quickly

You'll like this if: you want the YSL Touche Eclat version for you lips, or you feel like your thumb needs the exercise

Perfect for: quick application, first dates, special occasions, wearing with flicked out eyeliner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...