Sunday, 4 September 2016

Lipstick Queen - Velvet Rope lipstick in Star System

I'm not feeling very glamorous at the moment. I'm sitting in my living room in a pair of old Primark leggings and a pyjama top that says "Grumpy Before Coffee", having just helped myself to a massive serving of Chicken Pie from Joe Wick's Lean in 15 recipe book (possibly the least healthiest meal in the entire book). I also have The Body Shop's Amazonian Acai face mask liberally on my face, which has left me looking like I've dipped myself in a barrel of jam.

It's ironic that I'm about to review one of the most glamorous lipsticks I own, but it's Sunday night and we could all do with a little last minute weekend glamour before the Monday blues well and truly kick in.


I don't need to keep repeating that I'm a huge fan of Lipstick Queen, because if you've read my blog before you would know how much I adore it. 

Star System is a subtle yet seductive shade that with enrich your lips in a delicate peachy nude. It belongs to the Velvet Rope range which promises pigment-rich colour with the intensity of matte but without compromising on comfort. You only need one gentle swipe of this stick for a feather light finish that has massive staying power.


If you're a fan of nudes and don't need to crimson your lips for full on glamour, then Star System is the lipstick for you. Yes, it's on the pricey side but worth it when it looks good AND does good. The Velvet Rope range has a formula that is swirled with Vitamin E and Apricot Oil to leave your lips silky smooth. Plus the added drop of Peppermint Oil adds a delicate, fresh tone. 

A lipstick truly for all senses.



Colour Intensity: low to medium

Finish: semi matte - no real shine but very delicate texture

Overall Rating: 5/5

You'll like this if: you love Nude colours and want a lipstick that reigns over the rest

Perfect for: wanting to impress, fair to neutral skin tones, date night, every day wear, office wear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...