Saturday, 3 September 2016

Beauty: 7 Days in 7 Lipsticks


I'm back from the beach and into reality. I had 7 splendid days in Corfu and am missing it terribly, but thought doing a little bit of a diary piece on which lipsticks I wore may help the holiday blues.


1. On Monday... I wore Tom Ford Lips & Boys lipstick in Patrick

This was airport day and I like to keep my clothing comfortable and casual, so I like to choose a bright colour for a lipstick to make me look a little less like I rolled out of bed 15 minutes ago in a state of panic. I haven't yet reviewed this, but Patrick is a beautiful pinky coral colour that feels delicate and moisturising. It's dinky size means it's perfect for on-the-go.

2. On Tuesday... I wore NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Juan

I love these lip creams. The texture is so light and airy but the colour lasts so long, and the amount of shades you can choose from is amazing. Tuesday was day one by the pool so I wanted to wear something that was waterproof. The zesty, bright orange colour is ideal for Summer and is made for pool-side glam. I wore this with round sunglasses and a very big hat in a resort that was 50% families, 40% old couples and 10% young couples. A little out of place but still felt great!

3. On Wednesday... I wore By Terry Baume De Rose Nutri Couleur in Cherry Bomb

After a couple of days in scorching weather the delicate skin on your lips really feels the heat, so it's always good to take a trusted lip balm with you to quench them. By Terry's Baume de Rose is by far my favourite lip balm. It's a little bit of the pricey side, but it's so nourishing and the tinted collection is perfect for Summer. 

4. On Thursday... I wore Lipstick Queen in Bright Natural Sinner

We booked a day trip to Albania to explore that particular section of the country just because it's so close to Corfu. With a day filled with tour guides and walking I wanted a lipstick that didn't require a lot of re-applying but was still fairly natural. Bright Natural Sinner worked a treat. The colour is similar to MAC's Velvet Teddy and Nars' Anna. This was my little pool side companion for the rest of my holiday - I loved it so much.

5. On Friday... I wore NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Manilla

Friday date night. We had a lovely romantic meal on the beach and Manilla's fiery pinky red shades were offset perfectly against a Corfu sunset. 

6. On Saturday... I wore MAC Lustre lipstick in Flamingo

My attempt at having poolside glamour every single day started to diminish by the end of the week. There are only so many judgemental looks you can take from 6o year olds, so I thought I'd tone it down slightly with Flamingo. This is such a pretty, pink lipstick that it looks so flattering in the Summer.


7. On Sunday... I wore MAC Frost lipstick in Sandy B

Flying home day! Sandy B is a beautiful peachy pink with a radiant gold glow. This shimmers beautifully against the sun and I wanted it to capture as many sun rays as possible so I can bring the sunshine back to England. Sandy B is light enough as a colour to wear every day, but it's also such a glam lipstick that it makes me feel instantly better when I put this on.


Back to work now after an amazing week off, but only a few more weeks and it's Mauritius time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...