Sunday, 7 August 2016

Kevyn Aucoin lipstick in Falon

Ok, so I've been out of the blogosphere for a while now. It's shocking to think that my last lipstick review was in June...and now it's August??? How did that happen?

I've had a lot of work trips - from Spain to Switzerland to New York, I've actually felt like my feet have barely touched the ground, and when they have, well, they've been chasing Pokemon.

But now work trips have subsided so my attention is back on what I love to do - preach about a latest lipstick I have spent ludicruous amounts of money on.

Enter Falon by Kevyn Aucoin. 


This is only the second lipstick I have clasped at Space NK from this particular brand and I'm really wondering why it's taken me so long to fall in love with Kevyn Aucoin. 

Falon is beautiful. Its texture feels like liquid pearl glossed over your pout to make you feel like true Hollywood glamour. Despite the muted colour, there is nothing 'backstage' about this lipstick - it's moisturising, supple and smells amazing!


Falon is explained as being a 'baby pink', which I'm not sure is the correct explanation. When I think baby pink, I think cool, soft pinks. You know, the kind you find in the girl section of Mothercare. That thought is probably enough to put off a hoard of you, so I'm going to bring some reassurance and tell you that there is nothing baby pink about this lipstick.

Falon is a warm pink - it borders on coral which is what makes this so wearable for so many skin tones. It's a friendly colour, but punchy enough to make it wearable for both day and night. For those feeling less colour-brave, I really recommend this as your next step to get you more confident. 

With the attention that mattes have got over the last few years, I think it's about time creamy, classy lipstick finishes made a comeback and no better lipstick to take centre stage than Falon. 


Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: subtle sheen, moisturising and light

Overall Rating: 5/5 - a truly perfect lipstick

You'll like this if: you want a summer shade that is light and fruity

Perfect for: Summer, every day, evenings out, at the beach


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...