Tuesday, 14 June 2016

The Balm lipstick in Amanda Kissmylips

Is you missed the pun in the name, then The Balm is probably not the make-up range for you, because their eclectic mix of cosmetics that have that retro American 1950s vibe also have a sprinkle of a sense of humour.

I love The Balm and I adore their liquid lipstick and lip gloss range, but I'm not fully sold on these lipsticks.


Apart from the cute packaging and the funny names, there's not much else that draws me to this particular range. Don't get me wrong, I still like it - it's just not the same yearning I get for the rest of The Balm products.


I bought Amanda Kissmylips based on the purple colour of the top of the packaging, which made me think this would be a lovely plum shade. Once out of packaging and swatched on my hand, the colour left me completely confused. Because instead of purple the colour is a sheer brown with a hint of berry. 


The finish is moisturising with a glossy sheen, but the colour is definitely not berry. Unless I managed to get my hands on a bad batch. 

If you've tried it, I'd love to know what you thought of this.


Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: moisturising, sheer and glossy

Overall Rating: 2/5 - not the colour for me 

You'll like this if: you want a lip drenching subtle berry brown 

Perfect for: deeper skin tones / wearing with a champagne highlighter 

Avoid: if you don't like make-up with a sense of humour 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...