Sunday, 5 June 2016

NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires

I've temporarily broken away from MAC lipsticks to another three letter make-up mogul, NYX. 

Last week when at Boots in Guildford, at the corner of my eye I spotted a gigantic new display. Like a mesmerising beacon I was drawn to it and was beyond excited when I saw that I can now physically buy NYX here in the UK. No more online orders and guessing what the colours will look like! To me, this was the most exciting thing that has happened all year.

As I got nearer, it was clear that I wasn't the only one excited about this new addition. There were hoards of females around this thing, and when I finally made my way through (some force necessary), the only shade left in the lip cream range was Buenos Aires.


Without hesitating, I grabbed it. I've been wanted more of these colours and I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. 

Buenos Aires is a light orange. It's stunning to look at - very bright and sunny, and once of the lips, the coral tones take over and your lips look like delicate peachy petals. 


I'm in love with the colour, and the whipped soufflé lip cream texture is very dreamy. Once you place a couple of layers on the lips, it dries to leave behind only matte. The only downfall is that it really accentuates dry lips. But that's not the lip creams fault, it's mine for skipping out on lip balm this week. 


Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: matte

Overall rating: 3/5 - love the colour but don't like that it shows just how dry my lips are 

You'll like this if: you want a peachy orange shade for Summer

Perfect for: sunny days / Summer / every day wear / light warm skin tones 

Avoid: if you have dry lips 





1 comment:

  1. I love the NYX soft matte lip creams! I have about six shades, most of which are more darker colours that I find to be more pigmented and forgiving if you were lazy with lip balm!

    www.lovefrommaira.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...