Saturday, 18 June 2016

Nars - Audacious lipstick in Charlotte

I probably say this every time I buy one of these luxury lipsticks, but Charlotte is my new favourite. This is actually completely different in colour to what I thought it would be when I swivelled the tube - instead of it being dark and dangerous, Charlotte is rich and seductive... I'm still talking about a lipstick here and definitely not a woman which is what my boyfriend just thought. 


The Nars Audacious range is a semi-matte formula, which means the colour is intense and long lasting, but the texture feels like pure velvet and is dreamily comfortable. 

I wasn't drawn to Charlotte to begin with. The Nars Audacious range has always called out the softer colours like Brigitte, Natalie and Juliette, but on a search for an epic red, I found myself mesmerised by the colour.


Charlotte is a deep red. It has some underlying berry tones in it which really enhance the colour, but overall it's more red than anything else. You may think this is one to be left for dolled up evenings, but Charlotte is a colour that can be worn every day too. Try it with a matte foundation, a hint of blush and mascara and you'll see how much this lipstick with captivate your day to day style.


Colour Intensity: very high

Finish: semi matte 

Overall Rating: 5/5 - it's beautiful in colour, finish and wearability! 

You'll like this if: you want to tempt yourself to a daring red 

Perfect for: evenings out / every day / date night / wanting to impress 

Avoid: if you can't pull off heavy reds. This colour draws attention so if you suit softer shades, I would stay away from this 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...