Sunday, 26 June 2016

MAC - Satin lipstick in Twig

It's my birthday!!! Well, it was on Friday but I'm trying to milk it as much as possible despite my boyfriend's protests. 

And Twig was my birthday lipstick, which is really surprising that it's taken me this long to wear one of MAC's more popular shades.


When I first saw this, I thought it was easily a creamier variation to Velvet Teddy. It looks nude yet rich, but once swatched, Twig has a very different story. Instead of a glossy coffee colour, Twig has a subtle plum tone. 


It doesn't look natural on my lips but I can imagine that on deeper skin tones this looks stunning. 

I still adore the colour - it's somewhere inbetween a dusky rose and a simmered violet that is very eye-catching. 

The finish feels like silky cream, has amazing colour laydown and lasts a surprisingly long time for a lipstick with a moisturising texture.


Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: creamy, moisturising, slight gloss

Finish: 4/5

You'll like this if: you are looking for a plumful dusky rose that will look amazing on deeper skin tones 

Perfect for: wearing daily / wearing with Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Guava Moonstone - this blush complements Twig so well



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...