Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Clinique - Pop lipstick in Nude Pop


I have spoken endlessly about how my love for Clinique lip products was rekindled with Chubby Sticks, but the spark truly started when the Pop range entered into this world.

It can be easy to dismiss a brand purely because you have a certain perception - whether we like it or not, we tend to personify and categorise brands. Either they're too lifeless, too young, too old. Whatever it may be, we do it. And I have to admit that I definitely did this with Clinique.

I love their skin care range, but whenever someone mentioned that they had bought make-up from there, my mind would instantly scrutinise with "Why?" I had an odd perception that Clinique was... well... too clinical; ideal for looking after your skin, but certainly not fun enough to decorate it with! 


Lipstick after lipstick, Clinque changed my perception and it has now blossomed into one of colour, richness and possibilities. And all I did was take a little leap and actually try one of the products.

I've digressed massively here, but the point I'm trying to make it that even though you've avoided buying something because you 'think' it will be a certain way, go on a limb and try it. It may surprise you.




 When I first bought into the Pop range, I didn't just buy one. I bought three, and one of those colours happened to be Nude Pop. I know it's not very adventurous, especially when you see the array of colours that Clinique have to offer, but we all need a nude. And this is a damn good nude!

Clinique's Nude Pop is a soft beige. The colour sits somewhere between neutral and cool - think of it as a pretty pinks swirled in with a dusky mushroom. It's by no means bright, but it's very refreshing.

If you want to keep your lips nicely juiced up this Summer, this range is the one to go for. The lipsticks are both colour and primer so there's no need for blaming beforehand. The hydrating cream will leave your lips supple and soft, even once the colour is off.

Colour Intensity: low

Finish: Moisturising with a slight gloss

Overall Rating: 4/5

You'll like this if: you want a hydrating, baring nude

Perfect for: the summer - this lip colour feels creamy and moisturising, so ideal for the scorching sun / all occasions 

Avoid: if you're looking for more colour pay-off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...