Sunday, 13 March 2016

Soap and Glory - Sexy Mother Pucker lipgloss is Rose and Shine

This weekend has been a weekend of nude! Before you get too excited at what the rest of this blog might contain, let me stop you in your tracks and let you know that I'm talking about nude colours. 

After months and months of adorning bright, vivid shades, I have gone back to basics and am embracing the natural lip look. 

Finding the right natural shade isn't as easy as it looks, so on day 1 (Friday), I opted for Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss in Rose & Shine. I wanted something light to go with my dark, smokey eye and this luscious lip gloss did the trick.

Now, I have to warn you that Sexy Mother Pucker isn't your average lip gloss. It claims to give you voluptuous lips with its plumping technology, and as a tried and tested user, I can semi-vouch for this. A few seconds after applying this lip gloss, you get a tingling sensation - it feels like there's a mild electric current running back and forth on your lips. Before you start to panic at the thought and run a mile from this gloss, don't. Other lip glosses have been much worse. This sensation is very mild and disappears after a while. The bee-stung feeling will make you want to naturally pout your lips, which gives a fuller illusion. I personally don't think it did that much for me.

These sort of lip glosses have been around for a while. I remember trying a Duwop one when I was sixteen and actually thought I had an allergic reaction to it before googling and realising that's what it was meant to do. There was also a Too Faced lip gloss when I was eighteen which did exactly the same thing - my university housemates and I would wear it all the time on nights out, until I kissed a guy on the cheek with it on, caused his cheek to go red and swell, and he thought I was Rogue from X Men (no joke!). 

Anyway, Rose & Shine is a pretty, petal pink. It's very natural if you have a fair skin tone and despite the tingling, it's a lovely formula on the lips.

Colour Intensity: low

Finish: high gloss, slight plain ;-)

Overall Rating: 3/5 

You'll like this if: you want an affordable lip plumping product

Perfect for: day to day, with a smokey eye

Definitely not perfect for: dates! You do not want to kiss anyone with this on



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...