Saturday, 26 March 2016

NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sydney

It seems that whenever I watch a beauty vlog or scroll through blogs, NYX lip creams always make an appearance. Having never owned one, I decided to see what all the fuss is about.

Firstly, the price. At only £5.50 it's no wonder that NYX has cultivated such a huge following, and the huge colour collection definitely helps. I'm actually surprised with myself that it's taken so long to try this out.

The first colour I chose is called Sydney. Named after the beautiful Australian city, Sydney is a staple pink shade that you can get away wearing every day. If you are looking particularly sallow, or have warmer undertones to your skin, I would steer clear of this colour. Sydney is more of a blue pink so it will really draw focus if it's not against a cool or neutral base.


The texture is an interesting one. As you swirl the wand in the tube to pick up the colour, what surfaces is like a soufflé. I really like this because it makes you feel like you're loading your lips with colour.


It also glides on really well, very few smudges and most importantly does not bleed onto the outside of the lips, which some lip creams do. It also dries very quickly without feeling uncomfortable. 

I wouldn't say this is a favourite shade of mine, but it is something I would probably wear more often with the right make-up look.


Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: matte

Overall Rating: 3/5

You'll like this if: you want an affordable, long-lasting lip cream in a pretty, girly shade

Perfect for: many different occasions. Try wearing it with Tanya Burr's Princess eye make-up palette and a subtle blush like Nars' Sex Appeal Blush.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...