Monday, 11 January 2016

L'Occitane - Pivoine Sublime Lip Balm Set

It's been a while since I've reviewed a lip set, so thought I'd start with this gorgeous trio that my mum got me for Christmas.

L'Occitane is one of those brands that I'd always peruse, try on, even have a little sniff when in store, but never buy. It's not because I don't think highly of the products - just purely have never bought many things from there. 

I was very glad, however, to find this under the Christmas tree because the Pivoine Sublime caring balms are amazing. If your lips get a bit parched during the winter months, you need this! 

The clear version is a standard colourless balm that is perfect for a quick swipe to keep your pout nourished. I have worn this religiously every day and it has done wonders.

The second (and the most loved of the trio) is Rose Nude. During my teens I used to adore a Blistex tinted balm - I think I wore that all the time (on non-lipstick days) but have never found a tinted lip balm to match its colour, feel and texture. Most tinted balms tend to be super creamy and leave behind a gloss-like colour which I don't like, but this is great. It provides enough colour without it feeling overly balmy. A real winner for me.

Finally, the trio contains Rose Plume. This gives the lips a rosy red that goes so well in the winter. It's not too rich, not too soft - that perfect balance that will serve you well in the cold months.

To top it off, the set comes in a gorgeous tin that makes the perfect gift, as well as acting like lipstick storage for a particular make-up hoarder :) 

Colour Intensity: bare to medium

Finish: silky balm, non-sticky or heavy

Overall Rating: 4/5 - I wanted a little bit more colour variation

You'll like this if: you're not a lipstick person and want your lips well conditioned















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...