Sunday, 19 July 2015

Illamasqua - Glamore Lipstick in Cherub

Whenever I buy a new Illamasqua lip colour, I always wonder why I don't buy more. In all the years that they have graced my make-up collection I have never had a bad experience, so I'm putting my lack of this brand with the fact that there aren't that many places near me that sell the range. So, I blame Surrey.

Anyway, on a recent trip to Selfridges, I fell head over heels in love with Cherub. It was a bit of a comedy moment - I was walking towards the exit as was very late for a meeting and my head did a double take as I shrieked out loud with excitement when I saw that Illamasqua had 7 new shades out. 7!!! For obvious reasons, I had to stop. Work meeting could wait. 

Of all the 7 shades, I could not stop trying Cherub on the back of my hand. The gorgeous pink was captivating and the matte formula felt amazing. It was creamy and felt moisturising without any obvious shine. I knew right then and there that it had to be mine. 

Having now tried it a few times it is definitely a firm favourite. The pink is bold enough to make it look like you're wearing lipstick, but also subtle enough that it's great for work...or important meetings in my case.

Colour Intensity: high

Finish: matte

Overall rating: 5/5

You'll like this if: you want a matte, pink lipstick that's ideal for all occasions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...